Being a stay at home and homeschooling mom everyday is an adventure, one that is both exciting, scary, stressful, wonderful and unpredictable.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
The Super bowl, stinky boys and the energizer bunny
This is my first attempt at blogging so here goes nothing...I chose to call my blogs Super Sunday's since that is the only day that I will have time for an activity like this. I am a stay at home mom of 3 wonderful kids, My oldest son is 10yrs and I have a 4yr year old daughter and a 2yr old son. I also home school my two oldest which despite all its ups and downs and the extra work it has been such a blessing to my family. So today is Super Bowl Sunday and after church that's all that's been on the tv my husband is really into it and the other 2 boys have sporatic interest, my daughter on the other hand thinks that all things "boy" are "stinky" and she wants nothing to do with it. This is a new development that started as we were closing in on her 4th birthday, before that she was very much a tomboy and was down for whatever the boys were doing, but now she has a sudden need to embrace the girl in her and I can't say I mind since this means she wants to spend lots of time with mommy:) We have tea parties, play doll house, paint our nails and go on shopping and coffee (she has a non-coffee beverage I'm not crazy) dates. I'm now thinking of signing us up for a mother-daughter yoga class...sounds like some good bonding time for me and Madelyn and I might get some much needed exercise so we'll see if I can fit that into our never-ending schedule. My youngest, Joshua, is a typical 2yr old boy...he is into everything, and he's like the energizer bunny he just keeps going and going and going....even at bedtime. He's the worlds worst sleeper he has not slept through the night once since birth I keep asking his pediatrician if he has some sort of sleep disorder but she assures me there's nothing medically wrong with him, sure that's good news but what's the problem then, I've tried every sleep method that has ever been used and he seems immune to them. I though after 2 yrs am getting used to the lack of sleep, but now have an extreme addicition to coffee as a result...I guess it could be worse. Isaac my oldest is sweet, gentle, hyper, calm, artistic, spastic and more but his heart is pure gold:) He's is the best big brother his siblings could have ever hoped for. He loves them so much and spends hours entertaining them...he's even helping to potty train little Joshie. He changes diapers (occassionally), wipes faces, kisses their boobos and, hugs them when they're sad...he's like the substitute mommy in the house. Yes I am very very blessed and despite all the chaos of being a mother and a teacher to 3kids I wouldn't trade it for anything. Sometimes I think my home and my heart might burst from all the love in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kim, It is neat to be able to catch up on what is going on with you guys. You are brave to begin potty training! John Michael does really well if he wears sweats and no underwear or diapers. If he wears underwear or diapers, he thinks he can just go in them and not the potty. (I do keep him in diapers at night) It is a definite challenge keeping up with him and his brother. John Michael after 3 and a half years, still wakes up once or twice a night. I feel your pain. Tired is definitly one of the words I would use to describe motherhood.
ReplyDelete