I'm sick with the flu whaaa! and now Madelyn, Josh and Michael are sick too and it's only a matter of time before Isaac gets it. I am actually feeling better today then I have been which is good because I need the energy to take care of a house full of sickies. The fevers, the coughing, sore throats, endless snot and sleepless nights oh my!! But life goes on it doesn't get put on hold just because I'm feeling under the wheather now I'm stuck playing catch up and nurse. The laundry has officially taken over the upstairs and there isn't a clean dish in the house. I went out and bought paper plates, I know thats not environmentally correct but oh well. who has time for dishes when they are cleaning snot off faces and cuddling sick kids, not me. Husbands are the worst when they're sick...well at least mine is. He turns into a helpless little child and spends all his time either sleeping or soaking in a hot bath, what a luxury (yes I'm feeling a little resentful at the moment) but he works hard and is our provider so if that's what it takes get him healthy agian so be it. But for a mom there really is no such thing as sick day and if your lucky enough to get one then your not really lucky at all because you must be really sick! ok I'm done ranting glad to get that off my chest:)
In other news we had a great valentines day despite the fact that I was so sick that I thought I might die at any moment, yes I'm exagerating....a little. We booked a hotel for the night for the whole family, I know how romantic we took the kids with us, but remember I'm sick so romance was already out of the question. The hotel had a pool so we spent the evening and the next morning swimming , the kids had a blast and you'd think we took them on a major vacation, they were so excited. We spent time in the evening playing board games, eating pizza and watching movies in our hotel room. It was good family time and I'm really glad we did, though I was exhausted by the time we got home. So now its back to reality, sick kids and a messy house and still I couldn't be happier with the life God has blessed me with.
In other news we had a great valentines day despite the fact that I was so sick that I thought I might die at any moment, yes I'm exagerating....a little. We booked a hotel for the night for the whole family, I know how romantic we took the kids with us, but remember I'm sick so romance was already out of the question. The hotel had a pool so we spent the evening and the next morning swimming , the kids had a blast and you'd think we took them on a major vacation, they were so excited. We spent time in the evening playing board games, eating pizza and watching movies in our hotel room. It was good family time and I'm really glad we did, though I was exhausted by the time we got home. So now its back to reality, sick kids and a messy house and still I couldn't be happier with the life God has blessed me with.

No comments:
Post a Comment