Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer



Wow, I've so meant to blog more...it's been over a month. So lets see what's been happening?

First Isaac tested for his yellow belt in taekwon do and passed! He was so proud of himself and we of course are proud of him too. He left at the end of May to spend the summer with his dad and I miss him so much. He sounds good and upbeat when I talk to him though and think he's going to have a great summer. It's just so hard because I want the time to go by fast so that I can have him back but I also want the summer to last and to enjoy every minute of it because I know the long, cold winter is coming and its so much easier to survive it if I make the most of the summer.

We went on a mini camping trip last weekend, it was our first time going since Josh has been born. We could only camp out for one night since that's all Michael's school and work schedule left us, but it was an awesome time. The kids loved every second of it and it was so nice to get them away from the toys and tv's and the noise and business of life and out into nature. We camped out at the lake so the kids enjoyed playing in the water, catching tadpoles, building sand castles etc. The most beautiful sight to see was Madelyn running through a feild of yellow daisies, chasing butterflys with little Joshie at her heels. It was one of those sweet, priceless moments that captured that carefree, innocent time of childhood and I didn't have my camera with me! But the image is forever engraved on my heart and mind. After we cooked hot dogs over the fire which the kids thought was cool and then we roasted marshmellows with them for the first time. Madelyn loved it but when we showed Josh he looked at us with disgust and ran away, he didn't like the way the marshmellow looked as it browned and got melty in the fire. I think he thought we were hurting the marshmallow, it was so funny. The kids enjoyed sleeping in the tent and actually slept better out there then they normally do in their beds at home. and Michael and I enjoyed sitting by the fire and talking without any distractions, we talked for hours about our lives, politics, religion we talking about every thing , we don't do that at home and then we lied in a grassy field and just enjoyed the silence, well silent aside from the chimpmunks and birds, it was so nice, we are definetley going camping as much as possible this summer. Even if we can only spend one night at a time it was so nice for all of us Michael and I got to reconnect and we each got to spend some alone time with each of the kids. Micheal and Madelyn went for walks along the beach, catching butterflys and befriending a squirrel that Madelyn named Princess P. While a sat on the beach burying little Joshies legs with sand. It was so relaxing and nice but we were sure exhausted when we got home.








So summer is going great so far we're planning a camping trip for Father's day and our just going to get oustide as much as possible. Michael will be finished with school at the end of the month and then the job hunt begins. We will be so glad when he's done with school and we can move forward with our lives. we are going to be getting his resume out there and praying that we find something.
So that's it for now, will try to keep this updated more :)



























No comments:

Post a Comment