
Today is Mother's Day, that blessed day when mom's everywhere are shown some appreciation for all the hard work they do. For mother's day I was blessed with the gift of sleep, Michael woke up with the kids and let me sleep in and it was glorious. Then they brought me a huge breakfast in bed, pancakes, eggs and bacon, and a giant cup of coffee. The kids also made me cards and brought them to me in bed. They were so sweet. For the rest of the day I've been lying around doing nothing while my dear husband takes care of everything, it's been the perfect Mother's day....too bad this only happens once a year. but I would probably be bored without all the cooking, cleaning, schooling, drama, laughter, hugs and kisses that comes with motherhood. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and while mothers' day is a day of appreciation towards mothers I can't help but turn the tables and appreciate what a blessing it is to be a Mother. Even through the rough stuff, the tears, the booboos, the things that happen that we cannot control there is always a feeling of thankfulness that I can be with my children through all those things. That it's my kiss that makes the booboo better and my hugs that comfort them and my voice that soothes them. It truly is the best job in the world and I thank God everyday for the family he has blessed me with.
No comments:
Post a Comment