Sunday, June 21, 2009

Silly Songs

So a couple of months ago the kids and I were sitting around being goofy and Madelyn and Josh were taking turns pretending they were babies while I sang the song "Hush Little Baby" to them. We started making up new lyrics with Isaac's help as the kids told me what they wanted mama to buy them next. So here's our version of Hush Little Baby:


Hush Little Baby don't say a word Mama's going to buy you a mortocyle
And if that motorcycle don't run mama's going to buy you a toy gun
And if that toy gun don't shoot mama's going to buy you a basketball hoop
And if that basketball hoop fall's down mama's going to buy you a funny clown
And if that funny clown runs away I'll still be with you forever to stay.

Here's another one the kids came up with:

Hush little baby don't say a word mama's going to buy you a pile of rocks
And if those rocks get lost in the dirt mama's going to by you a basketball shirt
And if that basketball shirt gets dirty mama's going to buy you a football jersey
And if that football jersey rips mama's going to buy you a big bag of chips

Josh really really likes these songs and in fact makes me sing them to him every night before bed and if I accidently sing the "original version" he corrects me and tells me its "the wrong song" I want "the Joshie song" he says. So that being said there are some nights after I've song these songs 100 times that I really regret we made them but at the same time I don't want to ever forget the song the kids made together so that's why I'm posting it...more for myself. I know the day will come when they tire of hearing it and I will definetly tire of singing it but the fun we had making it up and how Josh loves this song that was written just for him is one that I don't want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment