
Wow, the summer is going by fast. The weather has been rainy for the past couple of weeks with some sunshine thrown in here and there. I am hoping it warms back up so that we can go on another camping adventure. The kids ask me almost every day when we can camp agian. I've been really missing Isaac this past week he's been gone a month now and I still have close to 2 more months before he gets home. He's doing well, he gets homesick alot in the evenings when things are quiet and he's going to bed. He's on the swim team down there and in July he'll start going to a day summer camp and he can't wait for that, he's excited to see all his friends from last year. I'm glad the time is going by quickly I always feel like he takes a part of me with him when he leaves and I'm not whole until he gets back. Madelyn has really been missing him I gave her my locket that I usually wear when he's gone with a picture of him inside it. She wears it every day and talks to his picture and when she wants to him to see something she'll open the locket so he can see. It's so sweet and I think it's been helping her feel closer to him. Last night Josh put on his shoes and I asked him where he was going and he said "to the airport to get Isaac, it's time for him to be home now." So I had to explain that Isaac wasn't at the airport yet, but Josh being only 2 doesn't have any concept of time yet. So he asks like every other day if it's time yet. Josh is a funny little guy. He really likes shoes and wants to wear them all the time, even to bed. I bought him new tennis shoes and a football the other day and he slept with them both, which I thought looked really uncomfortable but he was happy as can be. He's getting so big and talking so much, I keep finding it surprising, I still think of him as my little baby and here he is trying to have a conversation with me! Madelyn too is growing taller every day. There are moments we look at her and catch a glimpse of what she may look like as she gets older, its so strange sometimes she looks like my little baby girl and other times she looks like a wise young lady. There are moments that I wish I could just freeze time it just goes by so fast. I can't believe that Isaac is going to be 11 this fall, I can't help but look at Josh and think about Isaac when he was that age. I feel like I'm rambling but I'm so tired. Josh still doesn't sleep through the night and I think its affecting my ability to concentrate. anyway that's it for now I've got to get myself to bed, so I wake up in time for church in the morning
No comments:
Post a Comment