Sunday, January 3, 2010


Well we had a great Christmas....I can't believe it's over already and a new year has begun. Time goes by so quickly. The Christmas decorations and tree are all packed up and we're ready to start this new year. I can't wait to see what it has in store for us.

Christmas.....On Christmas eve we went to my moms for dinner and gift exchanging it was very nice and relaxing. Madleyn got a woopsie do doll from my mom, a doll that pees a poops, she couldn't be more excited. Though I have to assist her in the feedings and changes so now I've got 3 live children to care for and one plastic one. That's ok everytime that doll pees it's like magic to Madelyn and she gets excited running around the house yelling "she peed, she peed!" All the kids thanks to very generous family memebers got everything they wanted for Christmas and I did too :) So thank you Friends and Family for your generousity, we were all prepared for a small, small Christmas and ended up with the biggest Christmas we've ever had!
Christmas morning the kids were up at 7am which isn't bad I can do 7am. They were so excited as we shook Michael to get him up which took a couple minutes, the kids almost exploded they were so excited. Then we all went down stairs the kids running and sqealing me and michael dragging and sluggish. I started the coffee and arranged the kids around the tree and then the chaos began. Wrapping paper flying through the air, screams of delight, toys thrusted in my face to show me what they got, then boxes upon boxes and wires upon wires to undo. We even had to get out tools (screwdrivers mostly) to get the toys out of the boxes. My fingers were numb by the end of it. Then to the kitchen for our traditional Christmas breakfast of hot cocoa and fresh baked cinnamon rolls (so yummy), then time to open stockings. Which Santa hid so that was fun watching them search through the house for them. Then the squealing, ripping, and thrusting began again. Then it was over and the hunt for batteries began. The kids spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying their new toys while Michael and I relaxed and lazed about. It was really wonderful, but I'm glad it's over ;) it's a lot of work. Now we're working on getting everybody back on schedule and getting organized.

Now it's a New Year and we started it off sick...everyone in the house is sick. We're starting to feel better now, but for a couple of days it was pretty bad, everyone to sick to move, to sick to breathe, the only noise was the sound of coughing and snot dripping, yes I could hear the snot dripping it was so gross, the amount of snot that kids can produce I still can't get over it, It just doesn't seem possible for these little noses to contain that much snot, ok that's probably too much information Haha sorry. Well I'm going to end this here snot much else to say;)
Going to get my little sickies in their jammies and off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment