Today was a busy day. This morning we went to playgroup so the kids could run out some energy in the big gym and Isaac could practice shooting hoops for a game he had tonight. Josh got a motorized little chopper he could ride on for his birthday and we took that with us since there's not really enough space in the house for riding it. He had such a blast driving it around (it goes pretty slow). He got off of for a little bit to go and play with other things and another little boy whose probably a little over 1 year old sat on it and was checking it out so Josh came back over and basically just stared at the kid with a look that was a combination of confusion and dismay. I was staring at the boy so hard and long that I think he was trying to will the kid off the bike with his mind. Anyway the little boy got off the bike and after that he refused to ride on it again for awhile. He stood by it for a few minutes and then as he was running off to go play he stopped and shook is head and said in exasperated tone " ahhh kids!" Later he got back on it and I had to drag him off when it was time to go home. While we were there Isaac and I played several basketball games, we played horse, knock out and one on one. He one every game but I feel like a put up a good fight.
After playgroup it was back to the house for lunch, cleaning and school. We did art today and their assignment was to sketch the view from out our window. Which isn't a very pretty view, there's a road, some dead trees and a power line. The kid though very much enjoyed their project. It was nice to see Madleyn and Isaac sitting in front of the living room window sketching their scene. They both did a great job and Isaac really paid attention detial when sketching the power line. Even Josh made a picture. Whenever Josh tells me what he drew or painted he always goes into these long stories and just makes things up as he goes. A couple of scribbles with crayons on paper turns into a monter diving in the ocean, where he gets eat by a shark that swims out and buys shoes for his dad. None of is stories ever make any sense and he can just go on and on, he's got quite the imagination.
Isaac had a basket ball tonight. His team lost 23 to 25 a close game. Those boys really hustled out there. I can tell Isaac is really learning more about the game this year, his playing is really improving. I brought madelyn and Josh with me to the game and they were so excited to watch Isaac play. They were cheering for him (even when he was sitting on the bench). In between cheering for Isaac they climbed up on a couple of mats in the corner and were pretending it was a stage. I one point I turned around to check on them and Madleyn was singing and doing some Mexican inspired dance while Josh was rocking out playing air guitar.
After that it was back home and to bed for the kiddos we got to get up early in morning, we have awhole day of basketball ahead of us tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment