Friday, December 18, 2009

Countdown till Christmas

Wow, Christmas is only a week away! We've been having a great Holiday season so far. We took the kids to Santa Clause House at the begining of the month to see Santa and get our picture taken with him. Madelyn asked him to bring her a stroller for her baby dolls and Josh asked for a skatebaord (oh my), Isaac told him that he didn't need anything and Santa told him that he'd better tell him something or he might get stuck with barbie dolls for Christmas! After seeing Santa the kids went and picked out their keepsake ornaments for this year, Madelyn is working on a collection of angels and Josh is collecting different candycane ornaments, Isaac just gets whatever he sees that he likes, this year he got a crystal reindeer its really pretty, or in his words "cool". Then we went over to the Christmas in ice park and took a horse and carriage ride, that was a first for myself and the kids, it was soo nice and peaceful and the weather was really fantastic that day, I think it was close to 40degrees above zero, which to us in December is balmy. We've mostly been enjoying peaceful times at home. I'm teaching the kids Christmas songs for music and a song called Christmas Bells, and the kids get to jingle their jingle bells during the song, they love that. Today we are going to make beaded Christlmas ornaments.

The kids are excited for Christmas of course. Madelyn told me last night that she Couldn't wait for Christmas because she is so excited to celebrate Jesus being born.
Little Joshie asks me multiple times a day if he can open the presents under the tree. At least he hasn't gone and done it like I was afraid he might do, but so far the presents remain safe under the tree. Isaac is starting to question the whole Santa Clause thing, I think somewhere in his mind he knows that its really us but he's decided he's not ready to stop believing and lose some Christmas magic. So sweet, I guess 11 years old is kind of old nowadays to believe in Santa, but I believed in him until I was in 6th grade and we had to answer letters to Santa in school and I was like "why are we doing this isn't their elves for this kind of thing"...I know I was a dork LOL. But anyway I'm glad that he is able to hold onto childhood things a little bit longer. I know if he was in school he'd be forced to grow up a little faster. Well I need to get the kids started on their school work more to come later.




All of as at Santa Clause House



Isaac in front of the ice sculpture at Santa Clause House

No comments:

Post a Comment