Thursday, April 23, 2009




We had a great Easter we went to mass, had an Easter egg hunt and then dinner with family. It was a very nice relaxing time, except for the cooking and cleaning part LOL. We are enjoying the warmer wheather and trying to spend more time outdoors. The kids and I have started going for walks every day after lunch, we walk about 2 miles and it's so nice getting out in the fresh air. We even got Isaac's bike out yesterday. Its still pretty wet out and there's still snow but it's dry enough for bike riding:)


Isaac finished up his testing for school and after next week he will be done with school for the year. We amazingly are going to finish the 4th grade a little early:) School here gets out May 16th so Isaac gets a few extra days of summer vacation. I'm excited to get to spend some fun time with him before he leaves for the summer. I can't believe its less than a month away and he'll be gone:( I'm going to miss him so much. I thought this year would be a little easier since I've gotten to be with him all day everyday but it's actually harder, but I'll survive and do my best to stay busy this summer and Madelyn and Josh are great distractions;) Isaac also tested for his yellow stripe in Taekwon do on April 10th and had to break a real wooden board with a front snap kick and he did awesome! It was so great to see him go through his testing with confidence and skill. I'm really proud of him and he is really proud of himself. So now he has his yellow stripe and next up is a yellow belt. He may test for that in May.


Isaac getting the yellow stripes put on his belt


Yesterday was Earth day and Madelyn was so into it. I taught a mini-lesson about the environment and she made up a song about the Earth:

"I love the Earth lalalala, I love the Earth lalala, it's my favorite place to live, I love the Earth yayayaya I'm going to make it cleaaaaannnnn"
That was her song and she did clean up all the garbage around our house yesterday with out any prompting from me it was her idea. She was even upset with me for not bringing trash bags with me on our walk yesterday so she could clean up and everytime she saw a soda can or a plastic water bottle she'd put her hands on hips and shake her head sadly and tell me how they could have been recycled. It was so funny and cute. I may have a little environmentalist on my hands.

The kids doing their school work "Earth day lesson"
So its break up boot season and I've pulled out the kids rain boots from the very back of the closet and Madelyn and Josh were so excited that they've been wearing them around the house for days. Josh is in love with his boots. He'd sleep in them if I let him but he's settled for tucking them neatly under his bed and putting them on first thing in the morning before coming down stairs. He's a funny little guy. He's cutting in his top/back molars and was pretty miserable last night...poor baby I didn't get him to sleep until 11pm last night and it took two tylenols and some teething gel and snuggling in mommy's bed before he settled down. But I think he actually slept pretty good after that.
Well it's about time that I get the kids ready for the day and start school.




No comments:

Post a Comment